No matter what industry a business resides, there’s a strong possibility it can benefit from moving to a managed service for its video collaboration environment. Through reduced risk, lower total cost of ownership, improved up-time, accelerated return on investment, and the financial predictability of operating versus capital expenses, these benefits make the business case for a managed service quite compelling.
According to the Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA), a managed service is the practice of outsourcing day-to-day management responsibilities as a strategic method for improving operations. In its simplest form, leasing a car is an example of a managed service. Moreover, within an organization, outsourcing responsibility for IT infrastructure is a common scenario for managed services.
A business should seriously consider managed services for its video environment if:
- The IT support staff’s time is needed for other strategic initiatives.
- The demands of maintaining and supporting a video collaboration system are outside the expertise of the IT staff.
- The business is demanding greater access to visual collaboration tools.
- The organization is expanding its footprint globally.
- The current infrastructure is nearing capacity and the business is unable to scale the environment as quickly.
IDSolutions offers customized, flexible managed service applications for video communication deployments including management, monitoring, and maintenance of the video environment. These services ensure that the video network is reliable, available, efficient, and successfully performs for critical operations.
Learn more about the IDSolutions Video Managed Services here.