Benefits of a Video Communication Platform for K-12 and Higher Ed
With the proven benefits of video for all aspects of education,many schools are taking advantage of solutions of the latest video communication platforms. These solutions scale, can be deployed in a multitude of ways and offer a multitude of benefits for both Higher Ed and K-12 alike.
Benefits for higher education include:
- Allows students to learn in the classroom, dormitory or virtually any location with a network/internet connection
- Provides students the latest news and schedules through Digital Signage TV monitors
- Enhances your emergency notification system with video priority alert
- Allows family and friends to view graduations and other events live at home on computers and mobile devices
- Saves on training costs and delivers Human Resource information online to students and staff
K-12 benefits are:
- Enhances the student learning process through both live and on-demand streaming video
- Distributes school news dynamically to classroom computers, TV’s and wireless devices
- Deliver sports and bus schedules, RSS feeds and weather to hallway TV monitors
- Allow teachers to create their own digital lessons for viewing at school or at home
- Share special events like plays and graduations with remote family and friends
These solutions are very cost effective and can be deployed in one school, several schools or an entire school district. With proven benefits both within and outside the school, it’s easy to see why institutions like, Harvard, UMass, Stonehill, Springfield Public Schools and Toledo Public Schools are taking advantage of and deploying these solutions..